Another company specializing in small and medium sized LCD modules, Ampire was established in 1998 as an industrial control panel manufacturer. Now, almost 20 years later they continue to be a prominent company in the display industry, providing both touch and non-touch display solutions.
Although their largest panel is only around 16″ on the diagonal, they provide a wide range of panel sizes and a variety of resolutions for each size, typically chosen based on the application. Ampire specializes in outdoor applications, providing rugged and damage-resistent paneling than most companies offer, making them ideal for indoor and outdoor industrial applications. Most displays are also high-brightness, making them perfect for use outdoors where they will need to provide contrast in direct sunlight.
Fun fact: Ampire part numbers contain the resolution of the screen immediately after the ‘AM’ prefix. Example: AM1024768H1 has a resolution of 1024x768.
Whats new? Ampire keeps up to date on all new and emerging panel technologies including but not limited to research in:
- Provides sharp color and superior contrast
- Thinner than any other known type of display to date
- Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmistter
- Asynchronous communication means connected devices don’t necessarily run on same clock
- Enables multiple devices or data communication lines in one wire
- Allows for high-level GUI from a low-end system
- Thin film transistor liquid crystal display (TFT LCD)
- Improves image quality with addressability and contrast
- Active matrix LCD
Check out available CPT products by following the link below:
SmarterGlass can provide more information about Ampire or panels produced by Ampire for utilization in your product. Contact the SmarterGlass sales team at email@example.com, or leave us your information by clicking below.